Форма участия: Очная
Срок подачи заявок: 25 января 2019
Организаторы: Portland State University
Контактное лицо: Program Co-Chairs, Tim Amidon, Ehren Pflugfelder, and Daniel Richards
Ключевые слова: Информационные технологии
The ACM Special Interest Group on the Design of Communication (ACM SIGDOC) invites proposals for a research paper, industry insight paper, experience report, poster, panel session, or workshop. These proposals should examine how disciplinary, social, geographic, technical, cultural, and ethical boundaries shape our professional experiences and civic lives in communication design, professional and technical communication (PTC), and user experience (UX) and/or how these boundaries might be questioned, broken down, or reassembled.
Boundaries can mark and hold space in crucial ways, but they can also divide us from each other. Boundaries can mark sites of tension that demarcate our disciplines, practices, or physical locations. When they are rigidly enforced and policed, boundaries adversely affect our professional communities and civic lives, straining the forms of trust that are essential for promoting inclusive, participatory, and collaborative design cultures. These boundaries can separate designers from users, researchers from stakeholders, academia from industry, people from policy, and ourselves from the better angels of our nature. For SIGDOC 2019, we ask attendees to reconsider and re-mark the boundaries of their professional and civic lives, old and new, that inhibit connections. We encourage attendees to rethink how more inclusive research, methods, and habits could bring about further innovation and justice within the design of communication. We invite designers, researchers, practitioners, and educators to submit proposals that think along or across the following axes: social, methodological, theoretical, and pedagogical.
- How can communication design, PTC, and UX professionals and academic researchers continue to work together to embrace inclusion, accessibility, and disability? What is currently being overlooked in these relationships?
- In what ways can intercultural communication design apply principles of UX?
- How do we operationalize, make space for, value, and translate the importance of social justice in our theories, scholarship, curricula, and industry?
- How do social conditions and the contexts of local communities shape how industry and academia can or ought to partner together to prepare students to meet current industry demands?
- What academic and practical relationships exist or might exist between communication design, PTC, UX, risk communication, civic, and community rhetorics?
- What methodologies from other disciplines might inform communication design, PTC, and UX research? What do these fields stand to gain?
- What current research methodologies can inform our assumptions and practices about information and communication design?
- How can UX theory be applied, measured, and evaluated in the workplace?
- How can collaborative and project management platforms (e.g. Microsoft Sharepoint, Cisco WebEx, Adobe Connect, etc.) and methods make use of principles of information and communication design?
- What affordances and limitations are there in agile and design thinking methodologies when applied in communication design, PTC, and UX work and research contexts?
- What new or overlooked theoretical frameworks can inform our practices and assumptions about information and communication design, PTC, and UX?
- What design strategies help us transgress, reshape, or change a particular boundary?
- What new research opportunities have emerged out of cross-disciplinary approaches and collaborations?
- Which boundaries do our current theoretical allegiances construct? Should these boundaries continue to remain constructed in this way?
- What are the social and ethical implications of adhering to a particular theoretical model, framework, or concept?
- What are the differences and/or similarities in teaching information and communication design skills in online or hybrid courses and face-to-face courses?
- How can academics and industry professionals work together to re-think the structure, pedagogy, and future of technical communication programs?
- How can service learning, community engagement, and other experiential practices be used in communication design, PTC, and UX classes?
- How can we leverage design thinking in communication design, PTC, and UX courses? How can we use design thinking to augment our curricula?
- What curricular assumptions do PTC programs make about the knowledge, skills, abilities industry and government partners desire?
Смотреть похожие мероприятия
Международная научно-практическая конференция «Format: Техника и технологии» Научный центр «ОРКА» (г. Омск) открыл прием заявок на очно-заочную конференцию для учащихся и представителей научного сообщества. Конференция проводится по техническим наукам. …
Международная научно-практическая конференция «Format: Информационные технологии» Научный центр «ОРКА» (г. Омск) открыл прием заявок на очно-заочную конференцию для учащихся и представителей научного сообщества. Конференция проводится по информационным …
Доброго времени суток! Общество Науки и Творчества (г. Казань) приглашает всех желающих принять участие в Международном конкурсе на выявление самых интересных и перспективных инновационных разработок. На конкурс принимаются любые авторские инновационны …