The AFALA 2022 — The African Assembly on Linguistic Anthropology 2022
19 октября—22 октября 2022
Форма участия: Очная
Срок подачи заявок: 05.11.2021
Индексирование сборника: Google Scholar
- The SOAS GLOCAL AFALA 2022 is the annual conference, workshops and lectures on the Linguistic Anthropology, The Sociolinguistics, and the Language and Society, of Africa. https://afala2021.uonbi.ac.ke/
- Institute of Anthropology, Gender and African Studies, The University of Nairobi, Kenya, Nairobi
- October 19-22, 2022
- Linguistic Landscapes in Cultural Climates: The SOAS GLOCAL AFALA 2022 invites work on the linguistic symbolisms and landscapes of Africa throughout global society, in a current era of global cultural flows and cultural sensitivity. Papers should focus on the ways in which African languages represent the cultural heritages, modernities and futures of Africa, more so following recent large-scale global changes.
KEYNOTE AND PLENERY SPEAKERS
- Globally prominent scholars in Linguistic Anthropology and Language and Society
- SOAS (University of London), University College London, Temple University, University College Dublin, Stockholm University, University of Hawai’i at Manoa, The American University in Cairo, Florida International University, Montclair State University, Ohio State University, University of Kansas, University of Virginia, Texas Tech University, Boston College, Nanyang Technological University, Calcutta University, Nalanda University, Beijing Normal University, University of East Anglia, University of Groningen, Qatar University, Monash University, University of South Australia, The University of Adelaide.
- The SOAS GLOCAL AFALA 2022 Second abstract submission /call for abstracts opens on June 5, 2021 and closes on November 5, 2021. Submit at the following link, with all information. https://afala2021.uonbi.ac.ke/submit
- Conference proceedings (ISI / AHCI indexed). Several special Top Tier (Scopus/ISI /ACHI /SSCI) journal issues and monographs are planned with well ranked publications and publishers only, from papers submitted to The SOAS GLOCAL AFALA 2022 that meet review requirements. Ample assistance is provided to revise papers.
- 350+ oral presentations, 20 colloquia, poster presentation section, 3 keynote speakers, 10 publishing company displays, 20 university display stalls, 4 workshops on Linguistics and Anthropology methodology, 3 anthropological exhibitions, 5 talks by anthropological societies, anthropological excursion, 2 ‘how to publish’ talks by publishers.
- Anthropological one day options to sites significant for Kenyan language, anthropology and society
- Website: afala2021.uonbi.ac.ke, https://glocal.soas.ac.uk
- Submission link: afala2021.uonbi.ac.ke/submit
- Academia: independent.academia.edu/GLOCAL
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/the-GLOCAL
- Facebook: facebook.com/glocalsoas
- GLOCAL / AFALA App: https://glocal.soas.ac.uk/app
- Chair — Professor Onyango-Ouma -Institute of Anthropology, Gender and African Studies, University of Nairobi, Kenya, Email:[email protected]
- Co-Chair — Professor Nathan Hill -SOAS University of London, U.K.
- Vice Chair — Professor Helga Shroeder -Department of Linguistics & Languages, University of Nairobi, Kenya
GENERAL STEERING COMMITTEE
- Professor Benson Mulemi -Department of Linguistics & Languages, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Professor Salome Bukachi -Department of Linguistics & Languages, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Professor Tom Ondicho -Department of Linguistics & Languages, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Professor Charles Olungah -Department of Linguistics & Languages, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Professor Khamati Shilabukha -Department of Linguistics & Languages, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Professor Dalmas Omia -Department of Linguistics & Languages, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Head of Communications Ms. Nhan Huynh — SOAS GLOCAL Unit, SOAS University of London, U.K. Email: [email protected]
- РЕКОМЕНДУЕМ ВАМ
III Международный конкурс индивидуальных проектов школьников 10-11 классов “NEW PROJECT 2021/2022”, 01.09.2021-31.08.2022
1 сентября-31 августа 2022