3rd edition of the international conference on Web Studies
15 октября—17 октября 2020
Форма участия: Очная
Срок подачи заявок: 14.05.2020
The international conference on Web Studies is a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed scientific gathering that investigates the World Wide Web as an object of inquiry. It conceives the Web as an expansive entity: an extended space that reaches every domain of life. Seen from different perspectives and disciplines, the components of the Web can be seized as data structures, algorithmic processes, visual surface, cultural uses, or artistic expressions.
Web Studies was initiated in 2010 and the first conference, WS.1, was organized at Tecnológico de Monterrey (Mexico). In 2018, the second edition, WS.2, took place in Paris (MSH Paris Nord) and this third edition, WS.3, will be celebrated in Tunisia (Hamamet). Since 2018 the WS conference is organized in cooperation with ACM SIGWEB.
The following paper categories are welcome:
• Short Papers: 2 to 4 pages in the ACM format about on-going projects and experiments
• Long Papers: 4 to 8 pages in the ACM format about experiences, mid-long term projects, theories, reception, evaluation.
• Posters and Demos: 1 — 2 pages in the ACM format about groundbreaking on-going research, prototypes and demos
• Online Exhibition: 1 — 2 pages description of an original artwork created by the authors. Include conceptual and technological description as well as figures and diagrams.
|Tools, Uses, Methods:||Social, Politics, Art, Design:|
|Algorithms for the Web||Aesthetics of Web|
|APIs and Web Services||Deep Web|
|Automatic Web Generation||Critical and Radical Web|
|Green Web||Cultural Analytics|
|Machine/Deep Learning||Data Science|
|Mobile Web||Data Visualization|
|Software Applications for the Web||Online Digital Humanities|
|Web-based Programming Paradigms||Political Web|
|Web-oriented Programming Languages||Social Web|
|Web as Platform||Semiotics of Web and Interfaces|
|Web Protocols||Web Design|
|Visual and Graphical Web|
|Web, biology and natural sciences|
|Legal and Ethical issues in Web Studies|
• Paper Submission: May 14, 2020
Please note that each track has a different submission system
• Notification to authors: June 29, 2020
• Camera-ready papers due : July 16, 2020
• Early registration: August 1, 2020
Registration will include accommodation and meals
• Congress: 15, 16 and 17 October 2020
ACM will publish the proceedings of Web Studies 3 in the ACM Digital Library within its International Conference Proceedings Series.
Accepted authors will be sent the ACM rights management form and complete instructions.
All rights management forms must be submitted and approved four weeks prior to WS.3 After completing their rights management form, authors will be emailed the correct rights text and bibliographic strip to place within their paper. Authors must enter the text into their final paper.
The book of proceedings will be available at the moment of the conference through the ACM Digital Library
- РЕКОМЕНДУЕМ ВАМ
III Международный конкурс индивидуальных проектов школьников 10-11 классов “NEW PROJECT 2021/2022”, 01.09.2021-31.08.2022
1 сентября-31 августа 2022